A 3-hour private photography workshop that brings to light an array of settings and techniques for low-light and night photography. Here’s an overview of what you’ll discover, experience and photograph…
- Capture stunning night-time images of Hobart’s picturesque waterfront with natural and illuminating city light
– may include water reflections, light trails and starbursts
- Expand your knowledge about your camera and learn to maximise its potential in low-light conditions
- Overcome the challenges often encounted with low-light and night photography
- With your tutor’s guidance, experiment with different ISO, aperture, shutter speed, exposure settings, creative long exposure effects, and more
- Get to know the benefits of using a tripod (loan tripods available if you don’t have your own)
Cost for Private Night Photography Walkabout
3 hours: $375.00
Bring a friend to share the learning experience
Additional cost for 2nd person: 50% of the prices noted above.
April to September
6.00pm to 9.00pm
From around late autumn to early spring, daylight hours in Hobart are reduced with sunset occurring earlier in the evening. In early April & and late September there is natural ambient light to start with until darkness sets in. In mid-winter, the sun sets as early as 4.45pm.
‘Dusk to Dark’
October to March
7.00pm to 10.00pm
From around mid-spring to mid-autumn, daylight hours allow for a combination of twilight and night photography. In mid-summer, the sun sets as late as 8.50pm. The atmospheric light of ‘golden-hour’ and ‘blue-hour’ is what you’ll experience during this time.
* ‘Golden hour occurs in the lead up to sunset, as the sun approaches the horizon; it’s a time that the intensity of sunlight is reduced and when remaining natural light is a golden hue.
* ‘Blue hour’ occurs immediately after sunset when the sun is just below the horizon; a residual and indirect light produces a blue hue and visibility of the stars commences.
The Henry Jones Art Hotel (hotel foyer), 25 Hunter Street, Hobart
Complimentary transfers from Hobart and inner suburb hotels are available by request
If an Aurora Australis is predicted, we will discuss with you the options available so that you have the opportunity to witness the magnificence of Mother Nature’s night sky light show – an amazing natural phenomena that is best seen away from the distraction of city lights.