‘Above and Below’
in the Huon Valley
23rd-25th November 2018
Tahune Airwalk | Hartz Mountains
A weekend of nature, landscape and low-light photography including an exclusive photo shoot in Newdegate Cave.
(4 days/3 nights)
29th March – 1st April 2019
3rd – 5th May 2019
What you'll want to know
The following is an overview of what you may expect on a scheduled nature photography weekend with Shutterbug Walkabouts.
Location and season specific variances may apply – please refer to information and booking pages separately.
Easy/Moderate/Hard – Photo shoot locations are generally reached with an easy to moderate walk.
Uneven paths, slippery rocks and uphill sections may need to be traversed with some walks taken in pre-dawn, low light or after dark.
A moderate level of fitness is required to participate in the planned activities – refer to detailed information for each destination.
Return transport from Hobart
Two nights accommodation
All entry fees (where applicable)
Meals, snacks and non-alcoholic beverages, as indicated for each day
Photography instruction with plenty of individual attention
Image review and post-processing tutorials
Alcoholic beverages (BYO or purchase at own expense depending on location)
Purchases of a personal nature such as souvenirs and internet use
Personal camera and equipment insurance (travel insurance recommended)
The style of accommodation varies with each destination – single, double or twin-share occupancy.
A private room will be allocated according to the details provided on the booking form.
Return transfers from Hobart CBD and to/from photo shoot locations in a vehicle suitable for each group size.
* You may self-drive and meet us at the accommodation if you prefer.
You will enjoy hearty meals prepared by your guides, local caterer, cafe or restaurant.
Snacks will be offered during photo shoots.
Drinking water – please bring a refillable bottle
Tea/coffee, juice and/or soft drinks with included meals
* BYO wine/beer (if permitted) or, at licensed premises, purchase from the bar at your own expense.
Maximum 8-10 participants with 2 instructors/guides
Roy Vieth and Coreena Vieth
Activities and photo shoots will be unique to each destination and season; they will be arranged accordingly and subject to change.
- Early afternoon depart Hobart and travel to the destination for the weekend
(You may like to self-drive in your own vehicle for more flexibility and arrive anytime from 3.00pm)
- 4.00pm – Welcome and introduction
- 4.30pm – Camera craft – Discussion about cameras, lenses, tripods and other accessories, taking more control of your camera and the thought process for creating an image.
- 7.00pm – Dinner
- Early morning/sunrise photo-shoot
- Photo walkabout
- Lunch & time at leisure
- Afternoon image review and post-production tutorial
- Twilight/sunset photo shoot
- Night sky photo shoot
- Early morning/sunrise photo shoot
- Morning photo shoot/walkabout or photo review and more post-production tutorials
- 12.00noon – Lunch
- 1.00pm – End of Nature Photography Weekend (except for 4-day weekends when afternoon/evening activities will be arranged)
Final day of photo shoots and other activities, departing late morning or early afternoon depending on arrangements.