Booking and confirming your experience in advance is recommended to avoid disappointment resulting from lack of availability closer to the date. All tours and tuition sessions are privately operated so you will have the flexibility to adapt an experience to best suit your interests and travel at a relaxed pace.
Online bookings may be made 1-4 participants as a private group – solo travellers are welcome. Arrangements may be made for larger groups (alternative transport may be arranged) or for conference delegates with pre-arranged transport. To maintain our personalised focus and ensure plenty of individual attention, especially on tuition-focused experiences, we prefer small groups of up to 10 participants. On occasions we may recommend an additional guide/tutor.
Shutterbug Walkabouts does not have a specific age requirement. In saying this, any person under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult other than a Shutterbug Walkabouts guide or tutor. Some of our activities may not be suitable for children under 12 years of age. It should be noted that our vehicles are not fitted with the seating required (by law) for children under 8 years of age.
Booking your experience
You may make a booking with us either via:
- Our website at www.shutterbugwalkabouts.com.au
If the date or time you seek is not shown as available, we encourage you to contact us by via email or phone as we may be able to open up a date or time for you or adapt an experience to suit your interests and schedule.
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- By telephone on +61 417 599 283
Deposit, Instalment and Final Payments
One-day tours and private tuition sessions
- Full payment is required at the time of booking.
Multi-day tours and photography retreats
- A booking fee of $500 is required as a deposit to secure dates of travel. Shutterbug Walkabouts is unable to hold a booking, secure accommodation or provide confirmation of your booking until this deposit is received. The booking fee is non-refundable in accordance with our cancellation policy.
- An additional instalment equal to 50% of the total cost of your tour will be due payable upon confirmation of your booking – the amount of this payment will vary from tour to tour and will be advised separately.
- Final payment is due no later than 45 days prior to the booked date.
- If your booking is for a date within 60 days, the full amount is payable upon request.
NB: Non-payment of amounts due when requested will risk a booked tour or weekend retreat being cancelled without any refund of the deposit or other monies paid to date – notification of this action will be sent to the email address provided on the booking form.
All bookings should be reconfirmed at least 3 days prior to the booked date – you may do this by phone or email. It’s important that you include an Australian mobile/cell phone number or the name of your accommodation in Hobart to ensure we are able to contact you should we need to.
Booking Amendments & Cancellation
We understand that you may need to make changes to your travel plans, possibly at short notice. We ask that you discuss your circumstances with us before cancelling, as alternative options may be available (such as rescheduling).
If you need to amend your booking…
There is no additional charge to amend your booking (e.g. change of date), however we ask you to advise of any intended change with as much notice that is practical in your circumstances.
In the event that Shutterbug Walkabouts incurs any fees or non-refundable costs by third party suppliers resulting from an amendment or cancellation, the amount of any refund due to you will be adjusted accordingly.
Before cancelling your booking we encourage you to contact us to discuss the options available.
If you cancel your booking, you must provide written notification outlining your reasons for cancellation via email to email@example.com – we will process your cancellation and refund (if applicable) as soon as practicable after receiving your written notice to cancel your booking.
Our refund policy is as follows:
One-day tours and Private Tuition sessions
- 14+ days notice of cancellation – full refund (less any outside costs incurred by Shutterbug Walkabouts)
- 14 to 7 days notice of cancellation – 50% of the full cost plus any additional non-refundable costs incurred by Shutterbug Walkabouts
- Less than 7 days notice of cancellation – no refund
- No-shows – no refund (If you have booked your tour or tuition session as a cruise ship shore excursion and for some reason your ship does not berth in Hobart, a full refund will be provided)
Multi-day tours and Photography Retreats
The booking deposit of $500 is non-refundable however it is transferrable to another experience or a gift certificate to the same value (valid for 12 months from the original date of booking).
- 60+ days notice of cancellation – you will receive a refund of 100% of monies paid over and above the $500 booking deposit, which is non-refundable if you cancel the booking.
- 59 to 45 days notice of cancellation – 50% of the full cost plus any additional non-refundable costs incurred by Shutterbug Walkabouts
- Less than 45 days notice of cancellation – no refunds
- No-shows – no refund
We strongly recommend that you purchase an appropriate level of travel insurance that provides coverage for the cancellation of the tour. This should also cover you for costs incurred by you for any medical expenses resulting from injury or illness, medical or ambulance transportation, damage to or loss of baggage, loss or theft of valuables (including your camera gear) and for delays and/or interruptions to your travel plans.
‘Bad’ weather does not necessarily mean bad photographs, in fact your images may have more character about them. There are no refunds if you choose to cancel or amend your tour or tuition session after commencement.
All tours and photography retreats will proceed; however planned activities may need to be adapted to better suit the conditions.
In the case of half or one-day outdoor tuition sessions it will be out aim to proceed while adapting to the conditions. If conditions adversely impact on the photographic opportunities (such as persistent heavy rainfall) we will discuss the situation with you before making any final decisions.
Images for promotional purposes
Shutterbug Walkabouts may take photographs or participants during tours, tuition sessions and retreats. Booking your experiences provides your consent for use of images of you for advertising and promotional purposes in any medium we choose, including social media.
Booking with us confirms that you agree to our terms and conditions and grants us a perpetual, royalty-free and worldwide licence to use such images for publicity and promotional purposes. If you do no consent to your image being used in this way, please be sure to let us know.